Saturday 21 January 2012

Moths

I was lucky to be able to photograph a few beautiful moths this morning. The ones I see flying in the garden are usually brown and boring but these had lots of colour and pattern. They were sadly behind glass but as it was a dull day the reflections weren't too much of a problem. Some of the photos I took were of Victorian specimens and rather fragile but I'm sure I will be able to draw from the photographs now I can see the detail at such close quarters.


I've been altering a book about moths for a while now. It has lots of generic moth shapes because I've rather relied on print and stencil techniques but now I have real specimens to work from I'll be able to do more 'proper' drawing!


Enjoy your weekend! Linda

3 comments:

  1. The antenae on the upper moth is fantastic! Truly beautiful moths. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upper moth could be a source of inspiration for months. As well as the antenna the 'eyes' on the wings are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete