Tuesday 21 February 2012

A fun day was had by all

My Mom and my sister came over again today so we could all spend some creative time together in the studio. We've been trying to fit these fun days in as often as we can - everybody deserves a little time out to play don't they?  I know the room looks chaotic but that's what happens when the four of us are squashed in there. At least we hid the cake and the cookies while the photos were being taken.


Our plan for the day was to do some fabric painting. Maureen added lovely detail to several of the lizards she screenprinted here during one of our earlier sessions.


It's meticulous work but the lovely metallic paint has really highlighted the shapes of the quilting.


Mom is game for anything and happily painted away on one of Laura's new printed fabrics despite the fact that she had never done anything like it before.


The teacup panel is already looking great but she went home with a brush and enough paint to continue it at leisure. Knowing my Mom it's probably already finished, made up as a cushion and sitting on the sofa by now!


If you're curious to hear what Laura and I got up to while they were having fun with paint, Laura finished a little quilt that had been waiting for attention for weeks and I did the really important stuff - I made the pancakes! It is Shrove Tuesday after all and everybody needs to feed the body as well as the soul!

Hope you had a fun and productive day (hopefully with pancakes) too.

Bye for now, Linda

5 comments:

  1. Maureen's lizard is wonderful and I like how she accented the square with paint. Your Mom reminds me so much of my Gram. I don't think she ever slept and loved creating. Wishing you more fun days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had great fun. What is the brand of metallic paint you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeannie - I told Mom I'd put her photo on here and she was mortified - apparently she was really unhappy with her hair that day. Said it made her look old!

    Jacqui - Maureen was using Jacquard Lumiere paints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Mom's scarf! Is that a pattern I could find somewhere?

    Janet (from Tennessee - USA , in case you don't recognize the Google email)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great day! great studio, I especially love it when my sister and I get together for some creative fun, I like the effect the metalic paint has on the lizards. Your mum looks very busy there and what a lovely idea to paint the teacups on Laura's fabric, I always for get that printed fabric can be painted on too.... thanks for sharing pictures of your day :)
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete