Friday 8 August 2014

Tired but happy

It's the end of day 2 at Festival of Quilts but strangely we feel less exhausted than we did yesterday. I could hardly string a coherent sentence together last night but today I think we're all on a high meeting up with so many lovely people we only see once a year. To top it all, he who gardens had a birthday to celebrate and being at a busy show is probably not the best way do that but, thanks to our friend Susan from Liverpool he could enjoy a special cake. Yes, that is a slice of Terry's chocolate orange bedded deep into a swirl of butter icing and to really set the teeth on edge there's a dollop of nutella hidden inside the sponge - that girl knows her stuff with a cupcake!


Thank you Susan - I ran out of time and failed dismally in the cake department this year so you saved me!


He didn't do so badly on the present front either - the collection of completely unnecessary but somehow irresistible objects is growing!


He has way more musical instruments than I have sewing machines now but hey, who's counting, it keeps him happy and this is not a competition.


Back to the more serious matter of the exhibits! This amazing piece could not fail to catch the eye! I'll show more of the fascinating detail tomorrow once I've caught up on what I hope will turn out to be a good night's sleep. I've barely had a wink over the past few days with all the worry and excitement! Bye for now - Linda

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday wishes for the Musical Gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes to He Who Gardens!!!! His gifts are beautiful. I don't play, but I love the craftmanship of musical instruments. The clock is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear more. Now REST!!!

    ReplyDelete